12.07.2007

some things i love

I love my husband James! ~
Today I am wearing my wedding rings again for the first time since July of 2006. Man! How I missed wearing them. I took them off because they were already a little snug at that time and being just 3 months pregnant I figured that my fingers would swell some before the pregnancy was done with so I went ahead and took them off. A little while after Glory was born I went to get them sized and the jeweler in Bridge City was asking WAY TO MUCH! She said the going rate of platinum at the time + sizing + a service fee would = $450! UM...OK! I had to be careful not to trip over my jaw on the way out the door! Well, James asked me a month or so ago what I wanted for Christmas and I told him ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS TO WEAR MY RINGS AGAIN! Our friend Deniese recommended a jeweler and they sized them for a great price!!!
( thanks Deniese)

I love baby orajel teething swabs!~
Glory is cutting her molar teeth and is SO FUSSY. I just want to fill her up with benadryl and put her to bed (does that sound psycho?) That was just a joke people....I would never over medicate my child for any reason. Her top two molars have poked through now and we are anticipating the bottom two. Her bottom gums are so swollen I just know they will poke through any day now. Oh what would we do without the teething swabs...THEY ARE AMAZING! Glory doesn't like the taste but they really take away her pain quickly! I LOVE THEM!

I love me some homemade vegetable soup!~
Last night I cooked dinner for my friend Jenny and her family. HOMEMADE VEGETABLE SOUP! MY FAVORITE! I craved this in the middle of the HOT summer when I was pregnant with Glory...(not your typical summertime meal.) Jenny is pregnant and because of some complications with her blood pressure she has been put on bed rest. I really enjoy cooking for her family! I hope they enjoyed the soup...James and I sure did! (I MADE A BIG POT!!!) She is SO ready to have little Brody. If you remember please say a prayer for Jenny and her little bundle to stay healthy through the end of this journey.

I love how anytime I pick Glory up she pats me on the back~
...she is such sweet girl! I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!! It is almost unexplainable. I took Glory to the Dr. on Wed. because she had been running fever since Monday around noonish. Her ears and lungs were clear so the Dr. said it must be viral. I really like Glory's Dr. ..she is really sweet and really seems to care about her patients. Glory is doing fine now and hasn't had a fever since Wednesday morning. I'm glad that is over. Now if we could just get this teething over with! She weighed in at 22.3lbs! She has a lot of new tricks...she plays patty cake and even rolls her hands and says roll.....on the roll 'em up part!...SO CUTE! She also clucks her tongue, plays peek-a-boo, blows kisses, whistles...(or puckers her lips like you or I would and makes the sound like she is whistling!) She has a fake yawn that she sighs at the end of, says Jesus as she is doing the sign language for Jesus, and she tries to snap! She is crawling so fast now and is pulling up on everything...MY BABY GIRL IS GROWING UP WAY TO FAST! She will be 11 months old on the 10th of this month.

I feel weird not posting any pictures on this blog so here are some random cute pics of my growing girl! ENJOY!

~Here is my sweet girl without the headband bow...
her hair is finally long enough to clip a bow into it!~


~Here is a messy Glory playing peek-a-boo!..
she covers her ears instead of her eyes! SO FUNNY!~


~my sleepy girl~


~This is my favorite "i can fall asleep anywhere" picture!~

1 comments:

meredith said...

awww yayyyy you get to wear your rings again!! whoop whoop!! tell little glory that nanny bug knows her pain because my wisdom teeth are hurting the crap out of me lately!! i guess im going to have to suck it up and go to an oral surgeon to get them cut out even if i will owe them my first born child to pay for it!! glory is getting way to big. i hate that im missing all this fun stuff!! tell her to come visit me...its only 3 hours gahhh!! its so YOUR TURN!!