So the end of the summer has come and BOY WAS IT A BUSY ONE FOR US! We had a great summer. Lots of fun times and NOT so fun times were had. Glory grew like a weed and has started the terrib....well ~ Lets just say she has developed her OWN mind....if you know what I mean. She has learned so much this summer and I am sure she is ready for some different scenery which is great since she starts school next week. Her teacher, Mrs. Jane, is amazing and loves her/all the babies so much. I'm excited for her to go back. I have some super cute pictures of Glory from over the summer and our vacation but they are on James' computer and I'll have to post them another day.
I never got to post that in July we found out that GILBERT BABY #2 was on the way, due in March. Normal stuff that comes with pregnancy started to settle in...nausea, GAS!, and some other FUN side effects that all of us MOMS know about. I told/reminded Glory EVERY day that she was going to be a big sister and would point/rub my belly to show her where the baby was. She would kiss my belly from time to time and lay on it. She didn't really have a clue but I thought if i told her often maybe it would set in before the baby came. ?? Well this past weekend was not such a good one and that sweet baby in my "BELLY" went to see JESUS. wow~it feels so weird to type that. I was ten weeks into the pregnancy. I guess I never thought that this would happen to me. I'm OK. I sit here and wonder from time to time if it was something I did or didn't do but I keep reminding myself..."LEIGH~you believe in a Sovereign God that has your life story already written... and the baby's too and HE IS IN TOTAL CONTROL of this situation." It helps. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have that to cling to. Seriously...what do people do when they dont have HIM? Times like today when Glory came up to me and rubbed by belly and said "baby, baby, baby" makes it really hard....how do i tell her? DO i tell her?? I pray for wisdom and comfort. God is amazing and has given me some understanding. I'll get through this. I'm so thankful for such an amazing husband. James has been absolutely great through this whole thing...i really love him so much. My mom too..she came over early yesterday morning and took care of me and Glory so I could rest. She left this evening. I also have some of the most awesome friends that anyone could ask for. Thanks gals for the love, phone calls, meals, and prayers. I love you all so much.
8.25.2008
long time no blog...
Posted by leiGh at 6:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






9 comments:
Praying for you guys!!
we love you girl!
I am so sorry. Our God is great and He knows why. Rest in Him.
Oh Leigh my heart breaks for you and your loss. I am so sorry. (Hug)
I know I don't know you that well, but I want you to know I'm always here, no matter what! My heart aches so much for you and your family right now, but I rejoice in knowing that you trust and fully rely on God! He has fully prepared you for this and you will make it through a better/stronger mom, wife, friend, and Christian because of it. We love ya'll and are praying for you!!!
I am sorry to hear about your loss. I know that it is tough depending on God through the hard times, but remember that now is when He is carrying you. Continue to put your trust in Him, and I will be lifting you guys up during this time. Love you girl!
Hi Leigh, I am so sorry as well...said a prayer for you already. Love ya!
I talked to James on Sunday. I couldn't even imagine to know what you are going through. We're just about down the street from you now so we're really close if you need anything. I can always watch Glory if you need some rest or get together for a play date. I'll spare you all of the details but I am without my cell and hotmail right now so I'm using Ryan's cell. (James has the number). Hugs from here. See you soon.
you know I love you and am only a phone call away if you need ANYTHING. I'm hurting for you and James and praying for you too.
Post a Comment